Freesource Household

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Freesource Household
Freesource Household
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilded Endeavors

+4
Mr One
Tián Fēng
Keval
Kathryn
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gilded Endeavors - Page 2 Empty Re: Gilded Endeavors

Post by Kathryn Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:05 am

Melissa nodded in response to the merc as he explained himself. "Very well." She could only respond, though being called 'sir' had agitated her just a bit. She was quite sure she was a woman, in at least most respects, so not calling her the proper title was a nuisance to her. However, she simply waved the mental problem away in her head, instead focusing now on how they were going about completing the next job. Reclining back in the chair, she kept to her thoughts as she crossed her legs. Sooner or later something would have to garner her interest from the cockpit, because she was flat out bored as she tried to relax before the upcoming job. Smuggling wasn't too hard of a job, but it always paid to have extra security on board in case something went wrong. And with the brutes she hired, she was entirely sure there would be no problems if they got caught.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

https://ffhouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tián Fēng Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:26 am

Having busied himself with the task of unpacking his numerous belongings, small furniture, materials, and miscellaneous equipment in an aesthetically pleasant fashion around his tiny room, Croad took more than a while to realize that his companion was missing. Heaving a sigh, the young man put down his small set of vials and rushed out into the hallway, doubling back to lock the door's keypad. Knowing his companion well, Alecks heads down to the cramped engineering section of the ship. Mumbling an apology to one of the technicians for bumping into her, Croad heads down one of the maintenance corridors, taking care to step over the Kranzik's bed of rags. There it is, the brown tip of Jan's tail disappearing into a wall hatch. 
"Goddammit, Jan. Get- tst! Get out of there. Come on..." Trying to coax his feline companion out of the hatch, Croad unfortunately fails to perform any sort of convincing. Sighing once again, he grumbles about having just washed his hands for dinner before clambering into the hatch. Breathing in the feline's odor, Croad makes a mental note to give Jan a shower sometime; evidently hygiene is a foreign concept to Kranzik society. Or at least to junkies.
Tián Fēng
Tián Fēng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 am

Ryan

Looking at the two again I smiled glancing about the room. "I'm Ryan. I guess you could say I'm the ship's technician/mechanic. Anything that needs fixing I'll be right on it." I eyed the giant halberd and nodded at it. "Nice piece of weaponry that."
Mr One
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Keira listened to the man introduce himself and she nodded, giving him a sultry smile. "I'll keep that in mind if my oven ever breaks," she said, gesturing towards it. "But I hope it doesn't become necessary. Being... too familiar with the technician might have some interesting consequences."
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Lekalis cleared his throat, rensuring that the data-coil was secure in its socket.
"Ma'am, I'm ready... could you put me to these... vegetables?" he asked, his hands returning to his lap, rubbing either backside respectively...

(Huh, forgot about this...)
Bloodtrailkiller
Bloodtrailkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:33 pm

Melissa finally found herself growing somewhat restless as she reclined in her captain's chair. Her combat boots had a faint shine to them as they were propped up on the console, and she was attracted to the small glint for several seconds before her interest passed over it. Looking over the various screens, she judged that they would be ready for lift off in roughly twenty minutes, so she had more than enough time to kill before she would have to return to the cockpit and man the helm until they slipped into deep space travel. Setting her feet back down on the ground, she leaned forward and slipped out of her jacket, shivering as the cold recycled hair hit her bare arms. Standing up, she made sure to pull her tanktop down to cover any sort of fur showing from her stomach before hanging the jacket on the back of her chair. Wagging her tail, she stretched her arms and yawned before deciding she would make her way to the galley. She was sure that there would be at least one crew member in there, and her stomach decided for her that she needed a snack when it rumbled for her. Exiting out of the cockpit, or 'bridge' as she liked to call it, Melissa moved down the main corridor of the ship. As she walked she glanced at the panels, and smiled to herself as she came upon the galley and heard voices from inside. Walking into the doorway, she glanced around at the assembled crew members as a small smile worked its way onto her face.

"Hello everybody." She called out quietly, glancing around at the three members in the galley.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Ryan

I raised an eyebrow and was about to reply when the other person spoke. I glanced towards him then the data-coil eyeing it. "Hmm interesting" Glancing behind me I heard footsteps approaching and low and behold a newcomer entered the room. "Ah the captain I presume"
"Greetings"
Mr One
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Being serpentine sucked.
Every last stair on this dang thing was designed for creatures with feet. Araak knew he was going about it the wrong way - he should have been taking his time, using the muscles from the rest of his far too long body like they were actually feet. Instead he was trying to accordion himself up the stairs, and his scutes nor his muscles were playing very well with this tactic.
After struggling up the steps, Araak took a moment to fetch his bearings - where the crew cabins were, where the galley was, etcetera etcetera. He was still lugging a large majority of what he carried with him, so the crew cabins were definitely where he needed to go.
Serpentine coils complied with mental orders, propelling his massive body through the corridors. Hopefully there were more ramps... or tiny flights of stairs. That would be good. Hopefully he wasn't going to miss anything important either...
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Lekalis heard the word captain, and felt his heart flutter. In fear and admiration; but when he turned to see the creation of the title, he was taken aback.
Not that his fear or admiration weren't in check, but that the captain was some sort of... woman... with black and white fur. A very strange alien; nothing Lekalis had seen of before. A frown creased over his hardened features, and he stood up, giving the best salute he could.
"Good day, Captain!" his voice resolute in a tone that was well versed and practiced...
Bloodtrailkiller
Bloodtrailkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:41 pm

"Ah yes, the vegetables, I almost forgot about you technobrain," Keira said, pulling out a bunch of strange purple and green vegetables. "Go ahead and start dicing these up." She gave a polite nod and smile towards the captain, and then began to bring water to a boil and beginning to carve up on a different counter some lean looking meat.
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:18 am

Melissa acknowledged all the welcomes with a curt nod as she watched all the crew members go to work. "So what are we all doing right now?" She asked more out of a conversation starter than anything else as she watched them work with food. It was nice that some of them could at least cook, that made things much easier for her when she was lazy and didn't want to make food. Wrapping her tail around her left leg, she eyed each member curiously. She certainly had picked a unique crew from sure, judging by the appearance of some of the members. Her mind began to wander towards where the other members of the crew were and if they were up to any trouble. She had only come across one of her brutes, though she was fairly sure most of the crew members in here could hold their own in any sort of combat. However, it both annoyed and paranoid her that she hadn't seen the other bigger brute she had hired, as he had been packing an awfully large amount of firepower which made her just a bit nervous when he had signed on.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:23 am

"Stew," Keira said. "The technician is standin' around. Not makin' hisself useful for much at the moment. Say, can you stir noodles techy?" she asked.
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Ryan

I looked over at Keira frowning slightly. "Of course I can, and I'm actually doing a lot more that you know. I currently looking over the ships systems and schematics, going over our route and scanning any threats that may arise along the way AND if that's not enough for you I'm also looking up things to cook" I grinned at her. "I like to be helpful where I can"
Mr One
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Araak found the crew cabins with no issue after a few minutes. Instead of going to one specific room, however, he just dumped his goods out of the way. No matter, he would collect it when he returned to the area. A few pokes with his tail to make sure the bag was truly out of the way was all the confirmation he needed. Holding his hands in front of his trenchcoat, he worked his way out of the crew compartments, iridescent green scales catching the glint of the lights tucked into the walls.
As he travelled, he awoke his computer from its sleep with a deliberate twist of the wrist. The display lit up in his preferred shades of terminal colors, grey text appearing alongside unbound data fields. He used a singular clawed finger to select a map, selected the level he was on, and made for the canteen. Gods be damned if he couldn't get a bite to eat before liftoff. At least he didn't need much to satiate his appetite. His scutes made a soft shuffling noise as they danced over the floor panels, smooth and easy to glide across. Walking creatures would never be able to feel the ground like he did. Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that and it might be true...
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:21 pm

"Good for you, now stir these noodles," she said, handing him a bag of noodles, "When the water boils."
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:57 am

Ryan

I sighed rolling my eyes taking the bag. "Of course."
Mr One
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Forgetting her paranoia and slight fear of a member of her crew, Melissa audibly sighed, her breasts bouncing with the intake of oxygen. "I'll need some help checking diagnostics before takeoff, can one of you assist me? It's a pretty menial task." She asked,  her tail still coiled around her leg as she smiled at the sight of food. She wouldn't mind getting a bite after they entered the jumped, and her stomach agreed with her as it rumbled and caused her to blush in embarrassment, though it was hidden by her fur. She scanned over her crew members once more, attempting to decipher which one would at least help her. It was fairly boring being in the cockpit all alone for most of the time.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:35 am

The canteen was within sight, and his nose told him exactly what he was thinking - someone was cooking food. Hopefully they knew what they were doing with that. Cooking on a range was a lost art on a large majority of the freighters he had been on, but then again the owner usually bought the pre-packaged crap, threw it in the icebox, and left it sit there until someone took the thing out.
Nevermind that. He opened the door to the room, the lights inside glinting off his black scales. They didn't provide as much of the green effect as the hall lights did (or maybe he was just at the wrong angle. It took a few seconds for the rest of his elongated body to come in, and he coiled up out of the way. He looked over the occupants, raising a scaled brow at the medley of crewmembers - a woman with what appeared to be a battleaxe of sorts, a man with copious amounts of bandages, a cyborg who appeared to be engaged in conversation with Battleaxe Lady, and a Daavrik. Ah, good to see he wasn't the only non-human creature aboard.
With his momentary observation finished, he decided to speak. His voice was a deeper midtone, with a bit of gravel and rasp thrown in for extra measure. He first spoke a greeting in his local Stavok dialect, a strange noise compared to English. "That would be 'Hello' in my language, if any of you were wondering."
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Melissa glanced at the newcomer, one of the crewmembers who she had also not seen since hiring him or her. Or it? She really had a tough time determining gender among the non-humanoid portion of her crew, as they didn't have most of the telltale signs that humanoids did. Regardless she bowed her head in greeting, acknowledging the snake's appearance as she continued standing in the doorway. She could feel the faint rumbling beneath her feet of the engines going through their last diagnostic checks, and she knew she was due back in the cockpit soon to begin the takeoff procedure and get them on their way.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Ryan

I looked back to the doorway towards the newcomer and nodded at them. "Greetings, and if your running diagnostics then it would probably be best for me to do it seeing as I'm your technician no?" I put the noodle downs. "Sorry but I won't ne the cook for now. Maybe later?"
Mr One
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:13 am

The storage bay offered what little privacy Atticus could find aboard the ship to clean his weapons as he mulled over his predicament. He was stuck on a ship with scum that offered a tremendous payout if the tasks taken by the pilot were completed. To say he was annoyed was an understatement. The failure of his last job by the captain had enraged him, and he had taken to disposing of the rest of the captain's crew appropriately. He massacred them as they regained their shell-shocked senses after crashing. To say Atticus or Karus, whatever he preferred to call himself, was disturbed would be putting it lightly. The constant strain of warfare and killing had crippled him psychologically, to where he only responded to a problem by killing it. Of course he had some small sort of rationality, so he wasn't without any thought process. And right now his thought process directed him to keep his hands busy not strangling another crew member, so his hands instead found solace cleaning his wicked weaponry. But each and every time the small urge in the back of his mind crept forward with messages of bloodshed to solve his woes he had to force it down, though the longer he went without fighting, the more those messages amplified in his head. It could drive a man mad, and Atticus wasn't keen on being completely insane. Just yet.
Aschuill
Aschuill

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:08 am

The massive snake looked over at the cyborg, wondering how exactly he knew that the ship was doing its startup routines. He couldn't exactly feel it, but then again, he might have been desensitized to it. Araak looked back at the wrist computer, tiny bleeps resounding from it occasionally as he went through some tasks with it. The minute movements with his arm and hand were quick and efficient, the movements of someone who knew what they were doing. "Say, would any of you know how to access the ship's computers?" he asked, glancing over at the Daavrik again. He didn't know which one of them was the captain at all, but then again, he didn't ask.
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2